LOSS




Loss is the fact that you no longer have something or have less of something, for instance, many parents feel a sense of loss when their children leave home and some people feel a sense of loss when they score less than they expected in their studies. Loss can also be a disadvantage caused by someone leaving or by someone being taken away, for example, the death of a person or of our beloved ones. I would like to talk about "LOSS" basing on our very first meaning rather than the second one, which is very sensitive.
"LOSS BRINGS THE BEST AND SOMETIMES THE WORST IN US"
Sometimes losing something in our lives results us into becoming the best version of ourselves. I have no idea where that strength of wanting to achieve something so bad or that potentiality of doing something comes from after we lose something but most of us find ourselves in a position where we work our minds off just to get where we failed to get the last time we tried. It is just that feeling of seeing yourself running out of time and whereby almost everyone around you is moving forward except you. The worst part of losing is that, it kills us deep inside, it even tries to prove to us that we are not good enough and so we lose hope and stop trying whatever we thought we are good at. It even makes us become as the word itself, "LOSERS".
                  "Losing something leads to maturity and it makes us stronger"
I remember the greatest loss I have had so far, is when I screwed up in my high school final exams. It is that moment when it hit me inside my mind and heart and I was NOT OKAY with it. I acted strong outside but it killed me inside because it was not something I expected in my studying life. Seeing my friends moving forward while I'm stuck behind is what I hated the most and it broke my heart. I took my one good year off and that's when I came to realize what I am passionate about and that even if I had performed well in my high school, I wouldn't be studying something I love and that I am passionate about. Losing made me who I am today. It made me fearless, grateful, open-minded, confident and even brighter than I ever thought I was. I am not trying to say that losing is good nor encouraging you guys to lose but the point I'm trying to make is that, sometimes it's okay to lose because you will never know what you are capable of until you lose something in your life.
Losing doesn't mean you are weak, numb, worthless or anything that makes you feel less-than. Losing makes you stronger, it shapes or builds you on how to face and defeat bigger battles that will come your way. Whenever you lose something, feel the pain of it and get your feet altogether and prove yourself and who made you lose wrong. Also if you feel like you can't deal with the pain of losing alone, express yourself to your close beings because it's a good way to soothe painful emotions and you can even go to counseling if it feels right for you.
A loss can be God's way of telling you that, there is something better coming your way or do not get too comfy in this world. It's God's way of reminding us who we are in this journey that we all in. It is also God's way of wanting us to find ourselves (who we are and our passions) so that we shouldn't live a wasteful life.

                                                                                                                                               Jajapsycho.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Thank you jaja i learned dat"losing something leads to maturity and it makes us stronger"keep it up every thing iz oek💪

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story with us👏 Sometimes you gotta lose in order to win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you for touching peoples lives, through your Real life stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a lot to learn in here@@@your the best sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot to learn in here@@@your the best sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. The article touched my mind and my heart, so helpful. Thank you "Mtafungwa" :)

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)